Tuesday 31 August 2010

More Tench!

Another late afternoon/evening session at Ryton and I thought I'd have another go from the same swim as Friday evening. I really fancied a Carp from this swim and when the alarm on the left hand rod gave out a scream only moments after being cast out I thought I'd cracked it but when I struck all I felt was the thump, thump, thump of a head shaking Tench and It was to be the first of many. Every cast put into the gap in the tree's resulted in a Tench taking the bait and not every one made it to the net, I lost three fish which managed to twist their way off the hooks aided by the clumps of silty weed being brought in with them, six made it over the cord and they were all the usual size for Ryton. I tried altering the bait sizes and arrangements on the hair to try and avoid a Tench take but they still managed to scoff everything I threw at them and get hooked in the process. 

Tried a triple boilie 'snowman' and still got Tench!

Even though no Carp made a show it turned into a very enjoyable but hectic session.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a nice time Roger, despite the lack of carp!

    ReplyDelete