Sunday, 21 February 2016

Been a while!

It's been a while since my last post and no excuses I just haven't had the time, family and work commitments are keeping me away from the bank,  I can just count the fishing trips this year on one hand.

It was a surprisingly mild day today and the fish in my pond where up on top, just what I like to see when a spot of Carp fishing was the plan. There was no rocket science involved in the choice of today's swim and I was fortunate enough to find it available when I arrived. The weeks visiting half term rabble had done a grand job of ground baiting the spot to be fished and nothing more fancy than white pop ups were chucked over to the bird feeding area. I had one take within minutes and a lovely common just short of a double soon graced the bottom of the net.

Little Common
Barry managed a couple of Pike so the duck looked to be heading my direction but a late bite resulted in what felt like a much better fish on the end of my line, it wasn't as big as it first felt but did make double figures at fourteen four.

Nice Mirror

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a very practiced pose Roger
    Nice winter fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flipping hell your back Roger! I thought you'd taken up golf or something. Good to see your still around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't do the tapping a ball around with sticks, it never goes where you want it to!

      Delete