Tuesday 16 June 2009

Ryton Open Day!



The weather was hot and sunny, the carp were cruising on top and I arrived at the lake without a plan. There was a large coloured bit in the middle of the lake where a group of fish were feeding and the first rod went on this spot with a Yellow pop-up. I put the second rod fairly close in with a zigged Yellow pop-up, this was clearly visible and I sat back and enjoyed watching the Carp cruise up to and mouth the bait before turning away, how many of these do we miss when we can't see the bait?




The rods were on alarms so I allowed them to fish whilst talking to people about fishing the lake. It was whilst talking to one chap and demonstrating a rig in my tank, that I saw a Carp take the close in zigged bait and bolt, trouble was, it bolted straight through several clumps of weed and went solid, after a while the hooklink gave way at the hook and it was Carp - 1, Roger - 0.




I had the depth now and both rods were out on zigs. It wasn't long before I had another take further out in the lake and again it weeded up. I stayed patient with this one and eventually it worked its way loose and I could start to retrieve some line. Barry was on hand to help land the Carp in front of a small audience. The scales pulled round to 10lb 4oz, not a monster but nice to get one on the bank for the public to see.



I did get another two runs in the afternoon and again both fish weeded up and managed to transfer the hook to the clumps of green stuff. Final score: Carp - 3, Roger - 1.



Barry had a good Carp later in the afternoon at just under 14lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment